Monday, September 19, 2011

Honeydew Bubble Tea Fairy

I didn't take as many in progress pictures as I usually do since I was really determined to finish her, but this is what I got:






Then she was finished and Paige came over to take the pro pictures.








Honeydew is now for sale in my Etsy shop and tomorrow The Junkman's Daughter in Little Five Points with the rest of the Glam Fairies! Here's the description I wrote for her.

GLAM FAIRY #9: HONEYDEW

I was attempting to slurp the dregs of a highly delicious honeydew bubble tea when I noticed this thing crawling up the straw. I nearly choked to death on a tapioca pearl.


“Honeydew” is doll number nine in my Glam Fairies series. She's about four inches or so tall in her bubble tea cup (somewhat counting her hair.) She is sculpted from a mix of Sculpey III and Studio Sculpey over a strong metal armature. Her pale green skin has been lightly blushed with Pebeo heat set ceramic paints then detailed in acrylics. Her hair is hot pink Tibetan lamb’s wool and her dark mauve eyes are made of glass. Honeydew's dress and lacy pink knickers are made from recycled fabric scraps, her iridescent wings from "Purple Flash" Angelina Fusible film and jeweler's wire. On the nape of her neck underneath her hair is signature red kiss of Quarley, which identifies her as a one-of-a-kind edition to the Glam Fairies line. Honeydew comes inside of her colorful plastic "crazy bubble tea" cup, complete with faux honeydew bubble tea with Sculpey tapioca pearls and a balled up napkin stuck to the side of the cup. She can be taken out of the cup to look at but she refuses to let go of the straw. Perhaps Honeydew was formed from the bubble tea itself, or perhaps she is merely guarding the tapioca pearls. Either way I am not going to bother her.



No comments:

Post a Comment