Friday, January 13, 2012

Halloween 2011

Life has been crazy so I'm pretty behind in posting. A nasty case of bronchitis has finally given me that minute of rest I needed to remedy this. Let me start making a couple of quick catch-up posts that are short and sweet. First we have the rest of Halloween. Here is my jack o'lantern for 2011: "The Brain Sucker."



Next is my Chupacabra costume, complete with stuffed dead goat that actually "bled" wine or sangria out of his neck, depending what I decided to stash in him that night. It was a great way to sneak alcohol into public and not rake up such an expensive bar tab.


Next we have the Little Red Riding Hood Werewolf outfit. I had picked up this beautiful vintage velvet cloak from an estate sale in Savannah earlier that year and I just couldn't let it go to waste. I also won $25 worth of drinks from the yacht club with this costume.


The last ensemble is what Martyn and I wore to the annual Halloween masquerade ball at the Fernbank. The theme this year was "80's prom gone wrong" and they were showing "Carrie" on the Imax, which was pretty neat to see. Unfortunately I spent a little too long on my makeup and we ended up missing the costume contest. Bummer too because the general reaction people gave us when we arrived indicated that we might have won. Ah well, maybe next time.



So I guess that pretty much sums up Halloween. Next year is going to kick even more ass, but I will elaborate on that in the posts to come.







No comments:

Post a Comment