Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Shiny Vest

Sunday night my friend Francisco just swung by from Texas to visit for a couple days. That was fun, we always love to see Cisco, and there always is some staggering home from bars late at night and drunken philosophical discussions on the front porch whenever he's in town. He just left for home this morning. I had some time to kill before work so I made Marc a vest to go under his tuxedo.



Again, the side seams are hand sewn:




Also some details in the back are sewn by hand:



I am debating whether or not to paint a design on the vest. Marc always wore crazy patterns, like a certain vest he's wearing in a bunch of photos that is two-toned black and white satin with some sort of balloon design on one side. It would be difficult to paint that small and the fabric I'm using for his tux already has a busy enough floral pattern embroidered in metallic silver thread, but I will think about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment